That. video. was. GENIUS.!!!!!!!! After I finished watching it, I immediately shared it with my pals on Facebook (and nobody will understand the genius) so then I sent it in a message to a fellow librarian pal on Facebook. Now SHE will understand the hysterics and truth of the Fair(y) Use Tale!
I think that I understand the point befind Creative Commons. Like they say in the example, if you are looking for a photo of a giraffe, you can type in "giraffe," click on the flickr tab, and I will see pictures of giraffes that the photographers have marked as free for me to use and adapt....basically, this is the same concept as the Fair(y) Use Tale. The creators took snippets of Disney works and amended them to tell a completely different tale, although that tale seemed to be pretty anti-Disney in terms of copyright laws, hence the need for the Creative Commons.
And...now I'm done.
These past few months have been a truly eye-opening, enlightening experience. I have enjoyed almost every minute of my time exploring 23 fresh teaching tools, and I have most certainly enjoyed blogging about them all! To my readers (ok, basically that's just my mom and a few kind librarians), thank you for following my travels through the web!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment