My road to podcasts was not as smooth as I would have imagined. First of all, the "Yahoo: What is a Podcast" tutorial is broken, so I figured I could just go it with a blurred vision of podcasting. After I tried and failed to access the tutorial, I tried using some of the podcast directories suggested by the Library Learning 2.0 site with little success. The first and third options on the list are no longer usable sites, and I was stuck with the second choice, podcastalley.com. It seems like an easy-to-use site, but when I tried to access the Learn to Speak Italian podcast, it prompted me to download a player. Without any knowledge of the good v. bad players, I chose one at random, but the downloading directions were confusing. At this point, I was thoroughly frustrated.
Enter iTunes. I've had some bad experiences with downloading on my home computer, so even though I know that iTunes is a very well established and reputable, I've never used it and thought that I could use one of the other podcast players. Wrong! As soon as I downloaded iTunes, I realized that it would be so easy to use. I did a search for podcasts in the search results and came up with lots of great results, including a podcast on learning to speak Italian, perfect for my upcoming honeymoon!
In terms of library-related podcasts, I'm having a little trouble. I'm sure that there is a wealth of information and podcasts floating around out there somewhere, I just need to find it! I'm going to keep looking. I have found a few book review podcasts, but they are mostly for religious books, which will not help me much in buying materials for my middle school library. I will stay on the hunt and add the RSS feed when I find a good podcast. In terms of the entire experience...not one of the better orchestrated "things." But a fun idea, and lots of possibilities for libraries!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment