Hey, hey, hey, what is going on here?!
YouTube is going on! I LOVE YouTube, I use it all the time. It's great for finding hysterical clips of the things mentioned, like commercials or old music videos, and wonderful things like "Conan the Librarian." I also find myself turning to YouTube to see news clips or check pop culture facts, so it really has many uses. I chose the video of "Saved By the Bell," a popular and wacky '90's teen TV show, because these were some of my earliest envisionings of high school.
I know a few teachers in our district who would love to use YouTube for instructional purposes, and only recently the tech support department changed our web privileges so that they could use it. Because it takes so much bandwidth, we have a lot of limits on streaming media. Options in libraries...our students would not be allowed to use YouTube on our school network, but perhaps public libraries could use it to promote short videos made about library services, etc.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment