Thursday, May 7, 2009

Week #6, Thing #14: Technorati

Ok, Technorati. I spent some time poking around Technorati and I did two different searches. I searched "School Library Learning 2.0" in the Search the Blogosphere... box, and I got a lot of iffy results. A few of the blogs somehow applied to Web 2.0, but the format was not pleasing to view and I quickly realized that I'd probably need to have a more general topic to use that search tool. I also went to Blogs-->Blog Directory-->Web 2.0, and I found a lot of great sites. I viewed a few of them and my favorite so far is Mashable. I don't think that I completely understand all the tools or even the purpose of Mashable, but it has great listings for different sites and a variety of information. Love that!

I looked at the popular blogs and searches, and nothing terribly interesting. There were a few surprises about the popular searches...good to know that the environment ranks slightly higher than Paris Hilton in people's level of interest.

My main thought about tagging is that I still don't completely understand all it's purposes and functions, or simply that I find it much more usuable on sites like Flickr. I'm interested in viewing photos of weddings, I can look for sites with a wedding tag, etc. I'm getting something concrete from that (in Flickr's case, lots of photos). I think that I'm still having a hard time wrapping my mind around the concept of tagging things like blogs to find other blogs, etc. It's too much intangibility, if that makes any sense. I'm sure that I'm not expressing this as well as I'd like, but alas...I'm done.

No comments:

Post a Comment