Wednesday, May 6, 2009

Week #6, Thing #13: Del.icio.us

I spent some time looking around on Del.icio.us. Not really so thrilled. Maybe I just don't spend enough time on the internet to really feel like I need something like this, or more importantly, maybe I don't spend enough time on the internet to WANT something like this. I didn't find it very user friendly, although I did watch the tutorial and that did help a little bit. I guess I just feel as though this is a tool that actually takes up more time than it helps me, thereby making the negatives outweigh the positives.

I'm sure that there are advantages for this kind of tool in research, but I prefer to have my students do their own investigative work on the internet. When it comes to personal types of research, it may allow patrons the advantages of easier breadcrumbs to other sites.

No comments:

Post a Comment