LibraryThing is a pretty decent concept and site. While I don't think that I will ever take the time to catalog my own personal collection at home, I could see this being a good tool for work with kids in the library, in coordination with some kind of library blog, or a wonderful tool for small libraries or large private collections. This is one of those tools that kids could use for recommendations, projects, etc., and I'm sure that a lot of librarians are really hyped about it, but I just don't see myself using it a lot. I can see the advantages of being able to connect to other users who read similar titles, or discuss books, but I think I'll keep my Tuesday night book club, thank you very much.
On a positive note, it was very easy to use and add titles. I added a few middle school books that I've read this year and loved, including "The Hunger Games" by Suzanne Collins, and there were several hundred other users who'd read the book and I was able to read a few discussions about it. If you haven't read it, it's DEFINITELY worth checking out!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment