Well...Flickr mashups. So many cool things, so much time to waste. Maybe I just don't spend enough time "wasting time" online, but I think that most of these tools, while very fun, are things that I could use for about 2.4 minutes and then think, "You're wasting time. Be more productive." Now, it is true that the concept of wasting time is unique to one's perspective. I'm sure that many people could spend several hours on Mappr or Montagr and have a thoroughly enjoyable time, but I often have a hard time spending more than a few minutes using a tool unless there is a reason behind it.
I did, however, find a third party app with my name written all over it: Yahoo! Travel Trip Planner is allowing me to plan a glorious trip back to jolly old England. After my trip, I can come home and upload all my trip photos to a set on Flickr that connects to my trip done on Trip Planner. This is what I'm talking about! While the mashups are certainly quirky and enjoyable, I don't see myself using them much unless I can justify the time that I'm putting in. Thank you, Yahoo! Trip Planner, for exposing me to a third party Flickr app that allows me to "waste time" in a constructive way. I can almost taste the warm scones with clotted cream and see the beautiful city photos on Flickr right now.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment