Wednesday, April 15, 2009

Week #4, Thing #8: RSS Feeds and my Google Reader

I will be honest--until I read this week's post, I was clueless about RSS feeds. When I first started exploring, I was still a bit clueless, and I must admit that I'm not exactly feeling like an expert at this point, but I am definitely more knowledgable than I once was!

I love the fact that I now have a blog, a Flickr account, and a Google reader account with various RSS subscriptions, but I think that I will use my Google reader the least of any of these neat new tools. While I'm an avid web explorer, I don't have very many favorite blogs or sites that I visit daily or even weekly, so I do not see myself using this tool often in my personal (or professional) life. Since I visit two or three blogs a week, it's not time-consuming or difficult to simply visit each site seperately. I don't feel the overwhelming need to get all my updates in one fast visit to my Google reader. I think it's a very cool idea and certainly a time-saver for frequent blog-readers, but this Punky Librarian is not sold yet.

No comments:

Post a Comment