Thursday, April 16, 2009

Week #4, Thing #9: RSS Feeds and my Google Reader

After I blogged yesterday, I decided that maybe I was being too closed-minded about my personal possibilities with RSS feeds. Although I haven't been an avid blog reader in the past, maybe my Google Reader is just the thing I need to keep me going on the path to Web 2.0, so I decided that I would wait a few days to see how much I might use my Google Reader and check the RSS feeds now streaming into that one place.

Ok, I admit it: the first thing I did today was check my Reader. I was excited at the prospect of reading updates, seeing the new winners of the SJL Battle of the Kids' Books, reading about new tech gadgets. At first, I found it hard to find feeds that I might want to read. I explored the channels suggested by SLL Web 2.0 but I didn't find much. It wasn't until I remembered A Fuse #8 Production blog from SLJ that I went to the mag's site and found a plethora of great blogs that interested me! Jackpot! I am now subscribing to RSS feeds from a few personal favorite blogs and three from School Library Journal, and I'm loving it! Being able to see the updates all in one place is convenient. I honestly think that the hardest part of the whole process was that I didn't already have favorite blogs with an RSS feed to add, I had to find some...but overall, I am very excited.

No comments:

Post a Comment